- 47 percent of small and midsized businesses used credit cards for financing in 1998, compared to 34 percent in 1997.
- 43 percent say they'll continue to use credit cards in 1999.
- 38 percent of small and midsized businesses paid their balances in full each month in 1998, compared to 59 percent in 1997.
- 18 percent of companies surveyed have two or three cards; 5 percent have more than four cards.
- 49 percent of businesses with fewer than 20 employees use cards "often," compared to 27 percent of businesses with more than 20 employees.
(Source: survey of small and mid-sized businesses, conducted by Arthur Andersen's Enterprise Group and National Small Business United)
Next: Mr. Potato Head »