He’s a beast. He gets to hit grown men in the face for a living, and gets paid well for it.
He once entered the top amateur boxing competition in the USA as a first time contender and won every bout by knockout.
Despite the fact that he’s probably the only guest thus far who could dismantle me with his bare hands, he’s a big lovable bear that I have the most in common with than anyone else.
In this interview we discuss relationships, how to transition your dreams, the mindset of a champion and what it takes to have it all.
Welcome to episode 82 on the School of Greatness with UFC contender Brendan Schaub.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Insights into the importance of entertainment in the UFC
- The mindset behind high performing athletes
- Why it’s hard to fall in love being in the UFC
- What inspired Brendan to pursue MMA in his spare time after football practice
- The story of how Brendan accidentally singed up for and won the golden gloves regionals
- How Brendan won the Black Belt division of the Jiu Jitsu competition as a white belt
- How the Ultimate Fighter reality show works and what it takes to join the UFC
- Why even as a veteran UFC contender, Brendan still doesn’t feel comfortable in the octagon
- How UFC sponsorships work
- How his fans changed his name from “The Hybrid” to “Big Brown”
- Brendan’s pre-fight ritual/philosophy for a great performance in high pressure situations
- Plus much more…
More from Lewis Howes