At a Glance
Products & Services: Chicken
Number of Locations: 145
Total Investment: $758.95K - $1.7M
Began Franchising: 1972
About Golden ChickHoward Walker opened the first Golden Fried Chicken location in San Marcos, Texas, in 1967. The restaurants, which served fried chicken, chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, biscuits and other favorites, quickly spread through Texas and Oklahoma.
In 1996, the name was changed from Golden Fried Chicken to Golden Chick. The conversion included an image update and the addition of new menu items, such as Golden Roasted Chicken and a variety of new side items to go along with all the existing menu item favorites. Free-standing and co-branded units offer dine-in, takeout, drive-thru, catering and optional delivery service.
Midwest, South, Southeast, Southwest.
Franchisor is seeking new units in Asia, Middle East, Mexico.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $200,000
Liquid Cash Available: $150,000
Operations28% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 12 - 15. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Bouncing Back From Failure, a Fitness Business Gets It Right
- These Franchisees Are on Fire, Not Ice, When It Comes to Philanthropy
- How a Detroit Couple Turned Their Low-Cost Investment Into a High-Grossing Business
- A Franchise Choice That Began With a Heart-Stopping Incident in a Backyard Pool
- Why a Taco Bell in Chicago Is Hiring a Bouncer