Straw Hat Pizza
At a Glance
Products & Services: Fast-casual pizza & grill restaurant
Number of Locations: 86
Total Investment: $191K - $787K
Began Franchising: 1969
About Straw Hat PizzaStraw Hat Pizza was founded in 1969 in San Leandro, California. It began franchising that same year and has locations throughout the United States. It is based in San Ramon, California.
Called Straw Hat Cooperative Corp., the company is not a typical franchisor, but a cooperative made up of many independent pizza restaurants. Members pay royalties to the cooperative and in return, receive marketing materials, better deals with suppliers, and ingredients and packaging manufactured by the cooperative.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $35,000 - $40,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $300,000
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 20 - 20. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- The McDonald's Fight That Could Change Franchising
- Pizza Hut's Largest Franchisee Says Menu Revamp Hasn't Helped Sales
- McDonald's Is Trying Out All-Day Breakfast
- You Can't Be Afraid to Make the Jump to Become a Franchisee
- How This Multi-Tasking Franchisee Manages Careers in Real Estate, Food and Law