Adani Group Plans To Spend $84 Billion On Infrastructure: Reports The billionaire Gautam Adani-led group will also decide on divesting its stake in Adani Wilmar

By Entrepreneur Staff

You're reading Entrepreneur India, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.

X

Adani Group plans to spend $84 billion on infrastructure over the next decade, reported Bloomberg. The billionaire Gautam Adani-led group will also decide on divesting its stake in Adani Wilmar (ADAW.NS), its joint venture (JV) with Singapore's Wilmar International , in the next three months, said Jugeshinder Singh, the group's chief financial officer, on the sidelines of an event in Mumbai.

Singh's expenditure targets are part of Adani's strategy to attempt to draw a line over allegations made by Hindenburg Research in January after the short-seller accused the conglomerate of engaging in stock price manipulation and accounting malpractice. The company has strongly denied any wrongdoing. "Adani Group will also infuse money to repay its green energy arm's bonds maturing in September and December next year, potentially in July to avoid a prepayment penalty," Singh said, according to Bloombrg.

Reports suggested about 80% of the group's long-duration capital comes from the global capital market, while the remaining 20% of shorter-duration capital comes from the domestic market.

During an annual address to shareholders in July, Adani announced grand expansion targets across his ports, energy, and infrastructure businesses. The conglomerate aims to raise bonds via high-yield papers and private placements through its firms including Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd and Adani Energy Solutions Ltd next year. Earlier this month a US government development agency announced that it would provide more than $500 million in financial assistance to Adani's port terminal project in Sri Lanka.

Entrepreneur Staff

Entrepreneur Staff

Editor

Want to be an Entrepreneur Leadership Network contributor? Apply now to join.

Related Topics

Leadership

International Security Firm Welcomes Female India Native to an Essential Leadership Position

Yasmin Brar has been appointed as the Operations Strategy Director, a role that underscores the company's commitment to innovation, expansion, and strategic management

Science & Technology

How Can Marketers Use ChatGPT? Here Are the Top 11 Uses.

With the recent developments in AI and the popularity of ChatGPT, you may want to integrate AI into your marketing practices. Find out how.

Marketing

5 Ways ChatGPT Will Impact Digital Marketing

ChatGPT is creating ripples across the digital landscape right now. Here are five ways it can benefit your ads, campaigns and marketing strategies.

Business Ideas

55 Small Business Ideas to Start in 2024

We put together a list of the best, most profitable small business ideas for entrepreneurs to pursue in 2024.

Business News

Airbnb Renter Discovers Hidden Door, Says Police Confirm There's a Secret Unit Upstairs With 'Surveillance': 'A Terrifying Experience'

One bride-to-be was in for a not-so-welcome surprise when she discovered a secret door in her Airbnb rental.

Science & Technology

These Are the Top 6 AI Threats to Your Business Right Now

The modern workforce is forever changed by artificial intelligence. If you fail to understand that we will all need to learn AI to some degree, you haven't been paying attention.