Signing out of account, Standby...
- 2022 Franchise 500 Rank
#313 Ranked #246 last year
- Initial investment
$44K - $54K
- Units as of 2022
558 3% over 3 years
About Pillar To Post Home Inspectors
More from Pillar To Post Home Inspectors
About Pillar To Post Inspectors
Founded in 1994, Pillar To Post is North America’s largest and fastest-growing professional home inspection franchise. Ranked #1 in category for the past 5years, today the company has grown to over 550 franchises across the US and Canada. Own your own business with a Pillar To Post Home Inspectors franchise!
What Pillar To Post offers you
- Financial Freedom
- Flexibility in schedule
- Control of your work/life balance
- Control over your future
We want to talk to you if you:
- Enjoy empowering people to make better decisions to improve their lives
- Have an incredibly positive outlook on life
- Are a real ‘people person’
- Want to be in control of your time and financial future
- Want to be in business for yourself, and not by yourself
Industry Recognition for Pillar To Post
- Ranked #1 Home Inspection company by Entrepreneur every year for the last 5 years
- Top Low Cost franchise for the last 15 years.
- Entrepreneur Magazine ‘Fastest Growing Franchise’ winner for past 5 years.
Franchise Training and Support
- No technical experience required – our training program will provide that for you
- Hands-on and in-market training to give you confidence in your abilities and help you to be seen as the expert in your field
- A dedicated Start Up Director to coach you through the launch and operations for the first 9 - 12 months of your business
The Pillar To Post Quick Difference
- Pillar To Post Home Inspectors is the largest, and fastest-growing home inspection company in North America
- We have the greatest market coverage in North America with over 550 franchises in 49 states and 9 provinces.
- You can benefit from the lowest franchise fee and initial investment in the industry.
- #1 Brand Recognition among North America’s busiest residential realtors with such brands as RE/MAX, Keller Williams, and more.
- We provide industry leading training and start up programs that get our franchisees trained, licensed and making money sooner.
- We have proven national and local marketing programs to drive business and book inspections
- 23 years of successful business launches and hundreds of prosperous franchises
- Franchising Since
- 1994 (28 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is seeking new franchisees throughout the US.
This company is seeking new franchisees in the following international regions: Canada
- # of Units
- 558 (as of 2022)
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a Pillar To Post Home Inspectors franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $44,285 - $54,435
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Net Worth Requirement
- $44,285 - $54,435
Definition: The minimum net worth you must have in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company
What you need to know: Net worth is the value of a person's assets minus liabilities. Assets include cash, stocks, retirement accounts, and real estate. Liabilities include items like mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.
- Cash Requirement
- $44,285 - $54,435
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Veteran Incentives
- 20% off franchise fee
Definition: A discount or other incentive offered to military veterans who buy a franchise with this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 5 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Some franchisors offer in-house financing, while others have relationships with third-party financing sources to which they refer qualified franchisees.
- In-House Financing
- Pillar To Post Home Inspectors offers in-house financing to cover the following: franchise fee
- Third Party Financing
- Pillar To Post Home Inspectors has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: startup costs, equipment
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- On-The-Job Training
- 157.5 hours
- Classroom Training
- 190 hours
- Ongoing Support
Purchasing Co-opsNewsletterMeetings & ConventionsToll-Free LineGrand OpeningOnline SupportSecurity & Safety ProceduresField OperationsProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Co-op AdvertisingAd TemplatesNational MediaRegional AdvertisingMarketing Planning & SupportSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail MarketingLoyalty Program/App
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- # of employees required to run
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Franchise 500 Ranking History
Compare where Pillar To Post Home Inspectors landed on this year’s Franchise 500 Ranking versus previous years.
Curious to know where Pillar To Post Home Inspectors ranked on other franchise lists? Find out below.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
Tech-savvy entrepreneurs can jump on the bandwagon of innovation.
Want to own a business that "serves" others? Here are some top choices.
The B2C business models you've been waiting for.
The saga over Subway’s tuna-legitimacy continues as a plaintiff argues that the chain's "100% tuna" claim is false. Subway stands by its statement.