At a Glance
Products & Services: Sign, graphics
Number of Locations: 554
Total Investment: $178.2K - $289.5K
Began Franchising: 1986
About FastSigns Int'l. Inc.In 1985, print broker and catalog developer Gary Salomon visited a computer shop in Austin, Texas. Impressed with how quickly the shop was able to produce vinyl signs, he decided to open a signmaking shop of his own. Salomon and partner Robert Schanbaum convinced the store's owner to train them on the new technology and signmaking techniques. In exchange, they promised not to open a competing business in Austin.
The partners opened their first store in Dallas later that year and began selling franchises in 1986. By 2000, the company had more than 400 stores making banners, architectural letters, vehicle graphics and signs for windows, yards and buildings.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $37,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchise fee; 50% off first-year royalty & ad fund fees
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $80,000
Operations18% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Fast-Food Giants' Top Cheese Supplier Embroiled in Shocking Animal Abuse Scandal
- Franchise Players: Why a Fro-Yo Franchise Was the Right Fit for This Single Mother of Six
- Taco Bell's New Sister Restaurant Apologizes for 'Communist' Logo
- Before You Jump Into the World of Franchises, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
- Franchise Players: Finding a Franchise With a 'Family' Feel