At a Glance
Products & Services: Hotels
Number of Locations: 2,549
Total Investment: $134.2K - $4.3M
Began Franchising: 1976
About Super 8Super 8's name is derived from its original room rate--$8.88 per night--when the first location opened in 1974 in Aberdeen, South Dakota. Since Super 8 began franchising in 1976, the motel chain has grown to more than 2,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada.
Super 8's parent company, Wyndham Worldwide, also owns Travelodge Hotels, Days Inn Worldwide, Howard Johnson Int'l., Ramada Worldwide, Knights Franchise Systems, Wingate by Wyndham, Baymont Inns & Suites, Microtel Inns & Suites, Hawthorn Suites, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000 - $25,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- This Man Climbed the Ladder by Sticking With Gutters
- 'Creating Smiles and Stories' for Customers Is Just One of This Mega-Franchisee's Goals
- How the NLRB's Employment Ruling Could Hurt Jobs, Business Growth
- This Franchisee Investigated a Restaurant Company He Liked and Signed On
- Iced Coffee Challenge: How Do Fast-Food Restaurants Measure Up to Coffee Chains?