Women Entrepreneurs Take Note! Here Are Key Things You Must Know About Running a Business
You're reading Entrepreneur India, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.
Being in a room full of women just a day before Women Entrepreneurship Day was a delight!
The United Nations (UN) supported initiative WED,is celebrated in 144 countries and across 110 universties/colleges internationally reaching 1.4 million people. WED is usually proclaimed on the 19th November worldwide.
Extending the celebrations to India, Microsoft Accelerator organized "Guns and Roses" which was moderated by Shalini Prakash of 500 Startups. The participants included Arpita Ganesh - founder of Buttercups Intimates, Lathika Pai - Founder of Sonder Connect, Geetha Dabir- Business Executive and Shom Singh - Founder of Unspun Marketing, Angel Investor
- When you are young, you have to focus on your career and make arrangements. In most of the scenarios, money solves most of the problems; Geetha Dabir
- Don't not to something because you think you might fail; Arpita
- I absolutely leverage the fact of being a women, if you are a great candidate you will definitely make it; Lathika Pai
- You have to have the confidence in yourself and believe that you can do it; Lathika Pai
- When you do something, don't do it half-heartedly; Arpita
- I always liked to have a control over my money and how I would like to spend it; Shom Singh
- If you believe you can make a difference, don’t wait for a validation from a VC – Shom Singh
- We over empathize the word empowerment; Shom Singh
- You cannot try and bring everything in-house, you need to create your own network – Lathika Pai
- Talk to each other, don’t be embarrassed about what you don’t know – Lathika Pai
- Whenever I find good people, I just go after them, Arpita
- I don’t know why people think women can’t manage finances – Geetha Dabir
- Finance is something women are inherently good at – Shom Singh
- Don’t become so aware of your gender that it holds you back – Lathika Pai