Dr. Devi Shetty has been a messiah to many of those diagnosed with heart issues. Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri recipient has for long been successful in delivering affordable healthcare by his foundation Narayana Health.
Entrepreneur India diagnosed the entrepreneur behind the doctor and how Dr. Shetty juggles his duties on a day-to-day basis.
Here are quotes from the industry veteran every healthcare entrepreneur and doctor should read and follow
- I always wanted to work for a big hospital and reach out to as many people as possible
- I always wanted to have the freedom to tell people that you don’t have to pay much for a surgery if you don’t have the required money
- The greatest roadblock to affordable medical education
- Healthcare is given by skilled people likes us! When I die, someone else will be taking my position because human resource is replenish able
- All of them (startups) are doing a great job but my concern is their expectations of what they get at the end of three-five years
- In healthcare, you have to identify one particular human need and address that really well
- In healthcare, you need to be comfortable in dealing with people
- You should have the sense of empathy and belonging towards strangers you are dealing with and make them feel comfortable
- Essentially what remains important is what I’ve learnt and I want the younger doctors of today to follow
Read the entire interview in the January issue of Entrepreneur India Magazine 2017.