Signing out of account, Standby...
- 2022 Franchise 500 Rank
#316 Not ranked last year
- Initial investment
$118K - $126K
- Units as of 2021
131 21.3% over 3 years
About The Entrepreneur's Source
More from The Entrepreneur's Source
About The Entrepreneur's Source®
The Entrepreneur’s Source® (TES) is a pioneer in the coaching space and continues to dominate the $11 billion business coaching franchise market in North America. TES became the first virtual coaching franchise when Visionary & Founder Terry Powell established it in 1984 to fulfill a need in the market, and for close to 40 years, it has helped tens of thousands of individuals achieve their dreams of self-sufficiency.
The Entrepreneur's Source® is a network of Career Ownership Coaches™ who are dedicated to helping others achieve business ownership by providing franchising education in a safe space to discover hundreds of leading business possibilities. Career Ownership Coaches™ come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, but all of them have a strong desire to help others.
The demand for Career Ownership Coaching™ is rapidly increasing across North America. Today, 40% of the nation’s workforce is leaving the traditional job market and taking control of their own destiny through business ownership. Even in a strong job market, mid- to high-range paying jobs are not outpacing the cost of living and don’t provide long-term stability.
Entrepreneurs today have overwhelmingly chosen to pursue an alternative career path over traditional employment. As a result, 97% of self-sufficient entrepreneurs say they would never go back to traditional employment. Past experience is not a reflection of what can be achieved. We believe a person’s past skill set and experience level shouldn’t limit their access to the future they deserve.
Our model is about empowering our clients; helping them see past false beliefs; keeping their minds open; evaluating their goals, needs and expectations; and identifying possibilities that will help them achieve their dreams.
Here’s How We Deliver:
- We provide strategic, personalized coaching. For close to 40 years, our approach to alternative career coaching has focused almost exclusively on the franchise sector.
- We offer a “safe space” for clients to explore business ownership as either a career option or an investment strategy.
- Zero risk. Our coaches earn referral fees from businesses so they can provide their clients with the valuable guidance they need to find financial freedom without charging a cent.
- Win-win. Franchising opportunities provide a proven track record, a network of support, and a clearly defined business model clients need to improve their lives, and TES helps our clients discover ideal franchise possibilities that match their income, lifestyle, wealth, and equity goals.
Excellent Training and Support
The Entrepreneur’s Source was named a 2022 Top Franchise by Franchise Business Review. Training and support programs were highly rated, with 88% of franchisees rating it above average.
TES provides new franchisees a 90-day training program and the comprehensive program ensures franchisees are comfortable and confident with the TES approach to Career Ownership Coaching™, management and administration.
- Peer Performance Groups - TES will connect you to a group of like-minded franchisees to brainstorm, share stories, tackle challenges, and find success together.
- Live, Ongoing Virtual Education - A regularly scheduled call with an expert helps keep you and your business on track to achieve the self-sufficiency you've been dreaming of. Get on-demand education to enhance your and your business' performance from the start and throughout your ownership journey.
- Weekly Franchisor Spotlight Calls - With franchisors across every industry sector, you'll have plenty of possibilities to present to your clients.
- Annual Conference - The conference gives the TES coaching network a chance to touch base on the latest and greatest in Career Ownership Coaching™.
Why The Entrepreneur’s Source®?
- Excellent earnings potential
- Meaningful and satisfying career work
- Work from anywhere
- No employees or inventory
- Flexible hours
- Low overhead
- Extensive ongoing support and training
- Proven client acquisition programs and tools
- Multi-unit opportunities available
- Business coaching is an $11 billion industry and in high demand
- Marketing and business development tools – sophisticated outreach to drive business and potential new clients
- Exclusive digital tools help you tackle your day-to-day, including client relationship management, ongoing online training programs, and a thorough catalogue of business opportunities for your clients.
- Ranked #1 in Business Coaching and Consulting by Entrepreneur Magazine in 2022
Be in Business for Yourself, Not by Yourself
First-hand feedback from our franchise owners throughout the country has revealed that being a Career Ownership Coach™ with TES was one of their most rewarding business decisions. Owning a franchise with an industry-leading brand like TES offers aspiring entrepreneurs the opportunity to chase their dreams of small-business ownership and coaching with the trusted support of an experienced national brand behind them every step of the way.
Again, what an excellent time to begin exploring a virtual business opportunity with excellent income potential!
Contact us today by completing the request form.
- Franchising Since
- 1997 (25 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is seeking new franchisees in the following US states: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming
This company is seeking new franchisees in the following international regions: Canada
- # of Units
- 131 (as of 2021)
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a The Entrepreneur's Source franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $117,600 - $125,900
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Net Worth Requirement
Definition: The minimum net worth you must have in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company
What you need to know: Net worth is the value of a person's assets minus liabilities. Assets include cash, stocks, retirement accounts, and real estate. Liabilities include items like mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.
- Cash Requirement
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Veteran Incentives
- 15% off franchise fee
Definition: A discount or other incentive offered to military veterans who buy a franchise with this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 10 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Some franchisors offer in-house financing, while others have relationships with third-party financing sources to which they refer qualified franchisees.
- Third Party Financing
- The Entrepreneur's Source has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, payroll
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- On-The-Job Training
- 174 hours
- Classroom Training
- 80 hours
- Additional Training
- Ongoing Support
NewsletterMeetings & ConventionsGrand OpeningOnline SupportField OperationsProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Ad TemplatesMarketing Planning & SupportSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail Marketing
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- # of employees required to run
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Franchise 500 Ranking History
Compare where The Entrepreneur's Source landed on this year’s Franchise 500 Ranking versus previous years.
Curious to know where The Entrepreneur's Source ranked on other franchise lists? Find out below.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
'Entrepreneur' editor-in-chief Jason Feifer sat down with 'Bar Rescue' host Jon Taffer to discuss his new book, 'The Power of Conflict,' in which he shares illuminating insights on running a business, maintaining consistency in franchising and where to put your money when it comes to marketing.
Back in 2018, Eric Mason made headlines when he began paying his employees a "living wage." On this side of the great recession, his experience could be a roadmap for other fast food franchises.
No commute? No problem. Home-based and mobile franchises are an attractive option for entrepreneurs looking to franchise, but stay close to home.
Don't forget to support your local franchisees during National Small Business Week. Here's how these five franchisees thrive as small business owners and inspire their communities.