Signing out of account, Standby...
- 2022 Franchise 500 Rank
#457 Ranked #397 last year
- Initial investment
$54K - $77K
- Units as of 2021
153 16.8% over 3 years
About Fresh Coat
More from Fresh Coat
What is it?
- Fresh Coat is a full-service, interior and exterior, residential and commercial painting company. Fresh Coat also offers disinfect and protection services that keep your home clean and healthy.
- Additional services: Wallpaper removal, pressure washing, fence and deck painting and staining. Deck and exterior surface sealing.
How does it make money?
- Customers pay Fresh Coat Painters franchise owners directly for services and supplies.
- Fresh Coat Painters Franchise support staff provides lead generation support for their owners through digital marketing efforts, national alliances, commercial accounts and other referral sources.
- Fresh Coat Painters receive exclusive discounts from national paint suppliers like Sherwin Williams.
Who is it for?
- Successful Fresh Coat Franchise owners are entrepreneurial, driven to succeed and passionate about providing world class service. Business management experience is a plus. No painting experience is necessary.
- People seeking an affordable and home-based business
What would you do as a franchisee?
- Hire, manage and provide guidance to professional painters
- Network, market and promote your business within your community to drive leads
- Bid on residential and commercial painting opportunities
- Nurture and maintain positive relationships with customers to encourage recurring business
- Ready to Give Your Life a New Look? It’s Time for a Fresh Coat!
- Over 175 Fresh Coat owners have invested in their lives and futures by becoming a Fresh Coat Painters Franchisee. When you join the Fresh Coat franchise system, you are entering into a partnership with a proven business system. You become a small business owner, but, you get big business support, training, marketing and technology. Franchising provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to launch a nationally recognized business without the hassles of a start-up. Fresh Coat Franchise owners are provided with hands-on training, business coaching, marketing and technology support.
Why Fresh Coat Painting?
- Two Hot Markets – With Fresh Coat, you get two franchises for the price of one…the right to serve both residential AND commercial markets. Unlike others, there are no extra fees for that and your exclusive territory includes both red-hot markets to maximize your profits.
- Quicker Path to Profits – Being the most affordable painting franchise, your operating costs will be lower and your potential profits higher. We offer among the lowest franchise fee, branding & technology fees, and royalty minimums…and no fees for training or commercial services.
- A Proven Marketing Machine – We are proud to be a marketing company first, a painting company second. That winning mindset sets us apart and sets you up for big success. Our goal is to drive you more leads than you can handle, compelling you to grow your staff and profits over time. Our dedicated HQ marketing teams not only drive residential leads to you, but also National Accounts that are already signed, sealed and delivered…you simply provide the painters. We also vet Commercial Projects in your area to help you profitably bid and win lucrative painting jobs for stores, restaurants, and business & medical offices. And finally, our unique customer-attraction promotions (“We paint any room for $299”) get your foot in the door fast so you can build trust and earn many additional painting projects at each home, both inside and out.
- Earn Back Your Franchise Fee – Nobody else has anything like our Winner’s Circle Program, allowing you to earn back your franchise fee in full. Unlike others, we stand behind our proven operating, marketing, painter-recruitment, and technology systems so much so that we tie our success directly to your success…a true partnership that supports you and your business. This program is for decisive, driven owners who will truly follow our systems and fully utilize all of the resources & support we provide to grow your revenues and scale your business…training, business coaches, digital marketing, PR, estimating/quoting technology, painter-recruitment systems, regional/national conferences, on-line seminars, peer-to-peer educational programs, national supplier/vendor alliances, and more. The more you make, the more we make over time.
- A Perfect Vehicle for More Life – Our proven business model and marketing machine combination provides you with the perfect vehicle for you and your family to enjoy More Life…more control, freedom, flexibility, work-life balance, financial success, and satisfaction. Painting is always in demand, in both good times and bad, and nobody does it better than us.
- Franchising Since
- 2005 (17 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is seeking new franchisees throughout the US.
- # of Units
- 153 (as of 2021)
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a Fresh Coat franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $53,985 - $76,885
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Cash Requirement
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Veteran Incentives
- $2,000 off franchise fee
Definition: A discount or other incentive offered to military veterans who buy a franchise with this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 10 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Some franchisors offer in-house financing, while others have relationships with third-party financing sources to which they refer qualified franchisees.
- Third Party Financing
- Fresh Coat has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- On-The-Job Training
- 48 hours
- Classroom Training
- 40 hours
- Ongoing Support
Purchasing Co-opsNewsletterMeetings & ConventionsToll-Free LineGrand OpeningOnline SupportSecurity & Safety ProceduresLease NegotiationField OperationsSite SelectionProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Co-op AdvertisingAd TemplatesNational MediaRegional AdvertisingSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail Marketing
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- # of employees required to run
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Franchise 500 Ranking History
Compare where Fresh Coat landed on this year’s Franchise 500 Ranking versus previous years.
Curious to know where Fresh Coat ranked on other franchise lists? Find out below.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
Pet-related franchising continues to expand and thrive.
Meet the Women Behind Some of McDonald's Most Iconic (And Essential) Ingredients—And How They're Setting New Standards
The manufacturers of McDonald's essential ingredients know how to deliver quality and inspire change.
Looking for advice and insights? Give these franchising podcasts a listen.
These business models are designed for franchisees to come to the rescue
Thinking big is a catalyst for better decisions and outcomes. Here's why.
Franchising is successful, because it allows people to focus on what their strengths are or could be, which is building and growing their local business.