At a Glance
Products & Services: Subs, salads
Number of Locations: 559
Total Investment: $131.2K - $395.1K
Began Franchising: 1970
About Blimpie Subs & SaladsWith the help of two friends and $2,500 in borrowed start-up capital, Anthony Conza opened the first Blimpie Subs & Salads location in Hoboken, New Jersey, in 1964. From that first store, Blimpie grew into an international chain with restaurants in malls, shopping centers, convenience stores, colleges, sports arenas, hospitals and sports arenas. Each location serves a variety of hot and cold subs, wraps, salads and soups.
Blimpie is now owned by Kahala, franchisor of Cereality, Cold Stone Creamery, Frullati Café & Bakery, Great Steak & Potato, Johnnie's, Nrgize, Ranch 1, Rollerz, Samurai Sam's, Surf City Squeeze and TacoTime.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $18,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 20-50% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $75,000
Operations35% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 10 - 15. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- After Being Diagnosed With Cancer, This Entrepreneur Decided to Go Into Business With His Dad
- McDonald's Makeover Promises to Be Pricey for Franchisees
- Why These Two Boxing Club Franchisees Picked Franchising as a Path to Entrepreneurial Success
- McDonald's Takes a Cue From Chipotle With Latest Menu Change
- How Getting Fit Inspired Me to Become a Franchisee