At a Glance
Products & Services: Submarine sandwiches & salads
Number of Locations: 739
Total Investment: $136.15K - 385.05K
Began Franchising: 1970
About Blimpie Subs & SaladsWith the help of two friends and $2,500 in borrowed start-up capital, Anthony Conza opened the first Blimpie Subs & Salads location in Hoboken, New Jersey, in 1964. From that first store, Blimpie grew into an international chain with restaurants in malls, shopping centers, convenience stores, colleges, sports arenas, hospitals and sports arenas. Each location serves a variety of hot and cold subs, wraps, salads and soups.
Blimpie is now owned by Kahala, franchisor of Cereality, Cold Stone Creamery, Frullati Café & Bakery, Great Steak & Potato, Johnnie's, Nrgize, Ranch 1, Rollerz, Samurai Sam's, Surf City Squeeze and TacoTime.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $18,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Liquid Cash Available: $75,000
Operations35% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 10 - 15. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How International Franchisors Are Making a Name for Themselves in the U.S.
- The Pros and Cons of Franchising Your Business
- Small Used Jewelry Business Leads to a Growing Pawn-Shop Franchise
- How 2 Businesses Stumbled Upon Franchising as the Key to Growth
- How a Coffee Franchise With Russian Roots Made it in the U.S.