The Coffee Beanery
At a Glance
Products & Services: Coffee, tea, sandwiches, salads
Number of Locations: 77
Total Investment: $61.5K - $525K
Began Franchising: 1985
About The Coffee BeaneryWith help from her husband, Julius, JoAnne Shaw decided to take a chance. In 1976 she opened The Coffee Beanery, a specialty coffee shop, in Dearborn, Michigan. The company began franchising in 1985.
The Coffee Beanery offers streetfront café franchises, as well as locations in malls, airports, office buildings, hospitals and college campuses across the United States. In 1998 the company opened its first international location in Guam and now offers master franchises in China, Korea and the Middle East.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $5,000 - $27,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10-20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 25% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $150,000
Operations30% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 14 - 17. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- The 'Smart Slice' Is Coming: 5 Fast-Food Trends for 2015
- Iced Coffee Too Cold to Hold? Dunkin' Franchisees Have Final Say on 'Double Cupping.'
- Franchise Players: Why This Entrepreneur Invested in a Trampoline Park Franchise
- McDonald's Profit Plunges 30 Percent as Traffic Continues to Fall
- Breaded Chicken Sandwiches Are Having a Moment