You can be on Entrepreneur’s cover!

'It's Corn!' This Young Entrepreneur Is Banking on Being a Viral Sensation Tarik, a.k.a. "Corn Kid" will send you a personalized video on Cameo for a pretty penny.

By Emily Rella

entrepreneur daily
YouTube via Recess Therapy
YouTube via Recess Therapy

It's corn!

A viral interview about one little boy's triumphant adoration for the yellow vegetable has since been turned into a song that will get stuck in your head easier than kernels of corn between your teeth. Now the young boy and his family are capitalizing on his viral success.

In the original video, we meet a young boy who loves his corn, and what a "beautiful thing" it is:

Now, "Corn Kid" (whose real name is Tariq) has entered the world of Cameo, a platform where people can pay celebrities and influencers for quick, customized videos.

Ranging from $150 to $500 depending on the video and audience (corporate marketing videos are the priciest), Tariq will offer personalized videos to anyone who requests him. So far, he's made 21 videos and received gleaming five-star reviews from all.

Though it's unclear where exactly the funds that "Corn Kid" makes will be going, Cameo's policy states that talent will earn 75% of the booking price while the other 25% in addition to any additional fees go to Cameo.

One of Tariq's most popular Cameos enlightened the internet over the weekend when he made a personalized video for the Nebraska Huskers (naturally) football team to kick off their season.

The video has since garnered over 1.6 million views and 14,000 likes.

Tariq's run will be short — the platform is only offering three more cameos as of Monday morning to ensure that his run is limited.

It's a pretty "corntastic" first business endeavor for "Corn Kid" if we do say so ourselves!

Emily Rella

Entrepreneur Staff

Senior News Writer

Emily Rella is a Senior News Writer at Entrepreneur.com. Previously, she was an editor at Verizon Media. Her coverage spans features, business, lifestyle, tech, entertainment, and lifestyle. She is a 2015 graduate of Boston College and a Ridgefield, CT native. Find her on Twitter at @EmilyKRella.

Want to be an Entrepreneur Leadership Network contributor? Apply now to join.

Editor's Pick

Resumes & Interviewing

Build a Better Resume with This $35 Subscription

AI Resume Builder promises to help you apply to jobs twice as fast.

Side Hustle

He Took His Side Hustle Full-Time After Being Laid Off From Meta in 2023 — Now He Earns About $200,000 a Year: 'Sweet, Sweet Irony'

When Scott Goodfriend moved from Los Angeles to New York City, he became "obsessed" with the city's culinary offerings — and saw a business opportunity.

Marketing

I Got Over 225,000 Views in Just 3 Months With Short-Form Video — Here's Why It's the New Era of Marketing

Thanks to our new short-form video content strategy, we've amassed over 225,000 video views in just three months. Learn how to increase brand awareness through short-form video content.

Business News

Samsung Makes 6 Day Workweeks Mandatory for Executives as the Company Enters 'Emergency Mode'

Samsung said its performance "fell short of expectations" last year. Now executives are required to work weekends.

Productivity

6 Habits That Help Successful People Maximize Their Time

There aren't enough hours in the day, but these tips will make them feel slightly more productive.

Leadership

You Won't Have a Strong Leadership Presence Until You Master These 5 Attributes

If you are a poor leader internally, you will be a poor leader externally.