- 2021 Franchise 500 Rank
N/R Not ranked last year
- Initial investment
$144K - $254K
- Units as of 2020
More from PetWellClinic
Dog and cat owners have trusted PetWellClinic for basic vet services since 2010. We build that same trust with franchisees.
The idea is a straightforward, yet empowering one: a new vet clinic-concept centered around a better way to provide open and friendly preventative and wellness care for pets that keeps costs low while customer service remains at a premium.
PetWellClinic is one of the first walk-in veterinary clinic brands, the only vet clinic brand offering franchises to multi-unit franchisees, and the leader in veterinary business technology providing franchisees with a proven and proprietary software system for streamlined operations.
What Makes PetWell Different?
- No surgeries and radiology means no expensive equipment and lower overhead. We only offer basic services like vaccines, wellness exams, minor ailment pet care and lab testing. That's why we provide the most affordable care to dogs and cats.
- Our proprietary technology was built for an appointment-less customer experience. Pet owners can walk-in any time, no need to call ahead or work your schedule around ours. We live in an on-demand society, and PetWellClinic provides on-demand, top quality care.
- Human healthcare has trended in the direction of walk-in clinics and urgent cares for decades. Would you go to the Emergency Room for a common cold or make an appointment for next week with your doctor? More than likely, you'd walk in to an urgent care clinic and get this basic need addressed today. The same should be true for pets, except it's not, because pet owners don't have that option.
- The veterinary industry is way behind as most communities only feature general practices and hospitals that require appointments, often days or weeks in advance, and cost too much. PetWellClinic is at the forefront of a veterinary industry that hasn't changed for decades. It's ready for disruption and PetWell is proving that every single day.
- This is a semi-passive ownership opportunity. We expect you to run the business side of things and leave the veterinary care to a hired professional. Of course, you'll want to be in your location every day in the early stages, but you'll have a highly educated professional running the day to day operations which allows you to scale to multiple locations.
- Actual financial performance of operating units through June of 2020 is included in Item 19 of the current Franchise Disclosure Document. We WANT you to see our performance as an essential business through the COVID pandemic.
Why Choose PetWell?
- Inexpensive build out in 600-1200 Square Feet
- Proprietary technology
- Streamlined operating systems
- Semi-absentee operations
- Essential business thriving in 2020
- Training and Support Systems
- Franchising Since
- 2017 (4 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is seeking new franchisees worldwide.
This company is seeking new franchisees in the following US states: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maine, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming
- # of Units
- 4 (as of 2020)
- Corporate Address
555 W. Jackson Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37902
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a PetWellClinic franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $144,200 - $253,500
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Net Worth Requirement
- $500,000 - $1,000,000
Definition: The minimum net worth you must have in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company
What you need to know: Net worth is the value of a person's assets minus liabilities. Assets include cash, stocks, retirement accounts, and real estate. Liabilities include items like mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.
- Cash Requirement
- $250,000 - $500,000
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 10 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- On-The-Job Training
- 41 hours
- Classroom Training
- 36 hours
- Ongoing Support
NewsletterMeetings & ConventionsGrand OpeningOnline SupportSecurity & Safety ProceduresLease NegotiationField OperationsSite SelectionProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Ad TemplatesSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail MarketingLoyalty Program/App
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Franchise 500 Ranking History
Compare where PetWellClinic landed on this year’s Franchise 500 Ranking versus previous years.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
Entrepreneur Franchise of the Day: Footprints Floors
Footprints Floors ranked 23rd among all home-improvement franchises on the Entrepreneur Franchise 500.
Frantastic Collaboration: How Franchisors and Franchisee Associations Can Partner for Brand Greatness
Though often seen as adversaries, many franchise companies and franchisee associations have formed fruitful partnerships that make their brands stronger. Here's how they do it.
The 5 Marketing Strategies You Should Implement Into Your Franchise to Make It Flourish
Kickstart your franchise with these proven methods.
Free On-Demand Webinar: How This Pending Legislation Can Impact Your Business
Watch this webinar on-demand to hear Mark Siebert discuss some of the most detrimental provisions included in the 30-part PRO Act, what this means for you and your business, and how to avoid the dangers of this bill.