What Do You Do When an Investor Suddenly Changes the Terms Mid-Deal?
Learn the finer points of pitching and deal-making in the new episode of Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch.
It's episode two of the new season of Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch, and the deals are flowing. In each episode, entrepreneurs are challenged to step into an elevator and pitch their business on camera to a board of investors in 60 seconds or less. If the investors like what they hear, the elevator doors open to reveal the boardroom, and contestants have the chance to walk away with life-changing funding, mentorship from the smartest minds in business and a personal and brand-defining moment.
Episode 2 Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch board of investors:
- Marc Randolph, co-founder and first CEO of Netflix, master of scaling
- Kim Perell, CEO of 100.co, marketing expert
- Nicole Walters, CEO of Inherit Learning Company, speaker and influencer
Episode 2 Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch contestants:
- Arjun Rai from HelloWoofy, an innovative SaaS digital content marketing platform
- Edward McGovern from CERA, a critical response app
- Alicia Tulsee from Moxie, a company that makes high-tech scrubs for the modern nurse
- Lisa and Mark Burginger from Quibits, an educational toy company that encourages creativity and building
- Issac Hicks from SlipBot Inc., SaaS for reinsurance slip-processing
- Joey Angelo from SipMargs, which makes award-winning margaritas in a can
Who wins, and who gets sent down?
Teaching moments abound in this episode. Check it out to who did well — and who fell short. Keep watching to find out the real reason that one investor suddenly changed their offer mid-deal, and how the entrepreneur responded under pressure.
Season 8 of Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch is brought to you by Amazon Business with support from State Farm and Canon. New episodes stream Wednesdays on entrepreneur.com. Follow Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch on Facebook, YouTube and IGTV.