Small Business Tax Center
From satellite car radio to breaking bread with a client, there's plenty your business could claim.
February 19, 2014 in Tax Center
February 11, 2014 in Tax Center by Jody PaderWith tax season upon businesses, here are a few ways to make number crunching less daunting.
February 6, 2014 in Tax Center by Bonnie LeeEven if you have all of your ducks in a row, the IRS could hand select your return to be audited. Here are some reasons why.
December 30, 2013 in Tax Center by Geoff WeissBusiness owners are fuming at a legalized super tax of roughly 75 percent on the portion of any salaries exceeding 1 million euros.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a tax ID number?
- How long does the tax ID process take, and is there a quicker way to get one?
- What do I do if the IRS issues more than one ID number for my business?
- The IRS says I have to apply for a new tax ID, but all my records are under my current tax ID. What should I do?
- Do I have to file a tax return for a business with a tax ID that never got started?
IRS Forms 1099 and W-2
- Do I issue 1099s or W-2s to employees who are family members?
- What do I do about an undeliverable W-2?
- Do I have to send my attorney and accountant 1099 forms?
- Do I have to send a subcontracted LLC a 1099 form?
- Should I send a consultant a W-2 or a 1099 if I was her only client?
- If most of the individual sales I generate for my service business are $600 or less, do I have to pay taxes on them?