Make a good impression, even online.
Writing e-mail may seem more casual and less formal that othertypes of communication, but when it comes to your business, take nochances. Online message offer many opportunities formisunderstandings because there are no gestures, body language orfacial expressions to give you cues as to meaning. Here are sometips:
- Type in uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Write every message as though your mother, best friend andworst enemy will read it.
- Use a signature file to include your contact information.
- Be concise.
- Write clear, descriptive subject lines.
Excerpted from Start Your Own Business, 2nd edition: The OnlyStart-Up Guide You'll Ever Need