Homebased Startup Checklist
The devil is in the details--we've created this checklist so you don't forget anything crucial when starting your new business.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
It's extremely difficult to come up with a great business idea and then gather the gumption to actually start the business. But now you have to deal with all the tiny details that make up a real, legitimate business. Legal red tape, marketing, planning, money management--your new and overwhelming to-do list spans pages. That's why we've decided to help you by putting it all on one simple checklist. Below, we go into detail on the different areas of the checklist, as well as guide you to other resources to help you out. After you've checked out all this information, download our free Homebased Startup Checklist to get started. You'll be up and running in no time.
Planning Your Business
- Business Plan. One of the most important stacks of paper you'll ever come across in your business is your business plan. Even if you're just a one-person operation who wants to make a living rather than millions of dollars, you still need to create a business plan. You'll have your market, competition, plan for making dough, financials--all in one tidy spot to show investors, suppliers, employees, your proud grandma and, most important, yourself. It'll keep your eyes on that prize, whatever it may be.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve