5 surefire ways to maximize your life, starting this morning
To be successful in your personal and professional life, try these strategies before you leave your home.
Many of us have heard the adage "How you spend your day is how you spend your life." I think it is much less than that. I believe that the first two hours of your day are what will determine how you live your life and how productive it will be.
Giving yourself time in the morning to be in optimal physical and mental state is equivalent to putting on an oxygen mask first. You cannot help others to prosper until you meet their needs first. Here are five easy steps to get your day off to the best start.
1. Choose not to "fall asleep." Every time you doze it is a negative reaction. You are failing your first engagement and that can ruin your day. Set your alarm on the other side of the room and start your morning with a victory like you promised yourself you would.
Although this may seem small, starting your day with a win rather than a loss will have a profound impact in the next 16 hours.
- To find out more: Stop procrastinating and create good habits NOW
2. Read your statements. Affirmations are positive and powerful statements that you make to get yourself in the right mindset and frame of mind. An example of this is: “I was reborn today, yesterday does not matter. I am only as good as what I learn, what I believe and who I help and inspire today ”. Choose that in your first thoughts each morning you have the best attitude for a profitable life.
3. Open your mind by opening a book. Reading in the morning is the most important thing you can do to be open-minded, observant, and ready to learn. As an individual, and especially as an entrepreneur, nothing is more important than learning and improving , so don't wait until it's dark to focus on your most important goal.
Try a good book to help you with a professional or personal problem. That will acclimate your mind to thinking clearly, which is a good habit. It is especially useful just before starting your day (in which you will have to overcome several challenges).
4. Exercise to prosper. It is not true that exercise is the key to losing weight. Instead of viewing exercise as a means, view exercise as a destination. There are three key reasons why exercise is a good business strategy:
- Exercise gives your brain oxygen, even if it's only for 20 minutes.
- Research shows that moderate aerobic exercise will improve your mood for up to 12 hours.
- Exercise is a good opportunity to learn. Listen to an enriching podcast or educational audio while you exercise.
5. Recharge batteries to feel good. What you put on your body when you start your day is important for your vitality the rest of the day. As you opt for a donut or bagel, you'll be surprised how you can feel when swapping it out for a mix of healthy fats, plant proteins, and carbohydrates.
Making a smoothie takes the same time as toasting bread and putting butter on it. Consider starting your day with a tablespoon of coconut oil (for the brain) and after exercise have your smoothie.
- To learn more: Dare to try aromatherapy to be more productive
Try these strategies or just one to get started. Implementing these will benefit much more than just your morning.
Sean Kelly is the CEO and co-founder of SnackNation.com, the snacking marketplace for millennials, and co-founder of HUMAN (Helping Unite Mankind And Nutrition), a healthy foods distribution platform.