10 Traits of a Successful Woman
Discover the powerful characteristics that can move you from ordinary to extraordinary.
You're endowed with greatness, and only you can unlock the chest that contains that powerful, priceless commodity. A successful woman exhibits the following 10 traits. They're a part of her character; are they a part of yours?
- She has a positive attitude. There's no energy that can mimic what's released when a positive, high-stepping woman enters a room. A positive attitude is the fuel needed to drive us from idea conception to realization.
A positive attitude takes conscious effort on your part. Arrest negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. Listen to the things you're saying to yourself in your mind. Deliberately use words that focus on constructive, affirming truths about yourself.
To help you stay positive, surround yourself with people who'll encourage, inspire and believe in you. If you have a positive attitude, you'll be able to see the potential that lies within you.
- She can overcome obstacles. Women who've struggled in their lives tend to have amazing inner strength. Use adversity to your advantage. At the end of a struggle, you're a better, more valuable person. Helen Keller said, "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved." Find what you're meant to learn in a struggle, and you'll see that it isn't as fierce as it appears to be.
- She is strong-minded. Strong minded doesn't mean that you're rude, conceited or destructive. On the contrary, a strong-minded woman displays confidence. When you're strong minded, you're empowered, possess a healthy self image and take responsibility for your life. The entrepreneurial spirit, by its very nature, requires us to consider possibilities that most aren't brave enough to.
- She is soft-hearted. Charity and compassion allow us to reach beyond our cookie-cutter lives and make a difference in the lives of others. By reaching out to others, we grow as individuals. A woman with a compassionate heart has great influence.
- She has integrity. You don't need to leave victims in your path to be victorious. You don't need to step on others to step to the next level. Integrity must be the very core of your character. Always put honor before dollars and live by your convictions. As you gain respect and trust, your company will grow. People seek to do business with those they trust.
- She has balance in her life. Our lives revolve around four major categories: family and friends, health, wealth and spirit. These areas must be balanced to lead a fulfilled life. Evaluate your balance continually. A balanced life allows you to think clearly with imagination and optimism.
- She sets goals. Goals are dreams with a plan for realization. Commit your short- and long-term goals to writing. Record how and when you'll achieve them. Post your goals in plain sight and review them often. Record the reward when the goal is attained. Remember that you can't hit a mark you can't see, and continual success demands a plan.
- She is driven by a cause. Looking for the hole in the market is a strategic move in every entrepreneur's plan. Find the needs in your business ventures and pursue those causes with passion.
- She is a teacher. Great woman teach. People want to know what you have that ignites that flame within. We can help mold the great women of tomorrow.
- She's focused on the next step. The greatest point of resistance is just before breakthrough. We must have a stubborn resolve to see ourselves to the other side. When challenging circumstances seek to derail us, if we just take that next step, we'll find that we've made it.
Dare to struggle today so you can win tomorrow. Develop these traits, and you'll make a difference in your future.
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
Zooey Deschanel Embraces the Word 'Quirky' and Thinks Businesses Should Too
A Simple (But Not Easy) Guide to Achieving Almost Any Dream
Making Time to Be 'Useless' Is a Vital Part of Creating Anything Valuable
A Billionaire Who Operates More Than 2,400 Franchises Knows These Types of Franchisees Make the Most Money
How Relentless Optimism Fuels Success for Hilary Schneider, CEO of Shutterfly
The Paradox of Celebrity Tequila
Social Media Was Draining Me, So I Gave It Up. My Business Has Never Been Stronger.