How to Think, Train and Thrive Like a Champion
Sports has always been a big part of my life and I've always wanted to be a champion.
After football was over, I wanted to know if I could continue to apply the "champion's mind" into other areas of my life. As I started to do the same rituals and mindset exercises while growing my business that I used to do in sports, I realized they were all as effective for me in that arena as well… and I loved that it was so similar!
I'm excited to dive into this topic as this is the juicy side of greatness.
Welcome to episode 88 of the School of Greatness with sports psychologist and author, Jim Afremow.
In This Episode, You Will Discover:
- How athletes, entrepreneurs and everyday individuals can tap into the Champion's Mind
- Easy solutions of overcoming your inner resistance and performance anxiety
- Understanding challenges of excelling as a preeminent female athlete
- What a daily gut check is and how to implement it in an accountable way
- Why good people skills can facilitate and/or impede your pursuit of excellence
- Strategies for building good social relationships
- What is mental imagery, visual reps and how they work to enhance performance?
- Listen to Jim coach me through a championship process for breathing deeply
- The connection and differentiators between mental visualization, deep breathing and meditation
- How and why to create an environment of excellence
- About the 5 Stages of Loss that injured athletes travels through
- Why the "attitude of gratitude" is so important to greatness
- Plus much more…
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
A 115-Year-Old Startup? The Leaders of This Family Business Are Honoring the Past and Building for the Future.
Turn Your Managers Into Your Biggest Asset for Winning the Great Resignation
'It Was Like a Drug': How Dave's Hot Chicken Grew a Cult Following in an East Hollywood Parking Lot
This Goldman Sachs Alum Launched an App That's Helping Young People Manage Their Finances and Healthcare (And She's Raising Millions of Dollars to Do It)
One of America's Richest Women Took Zero Outside Investors. Here's How Aviator Nation Founder Paige Mycoskie Did It.
4 Expert-Backed Strategies for Improving Your Communication Skills
This Couple Escaped Arranged Marriages in Pakistan. Now They Run a $14 Million Brooklyn Shoe Brand.