Student Selling His Soul as an NFT
What, does that seem any more ridiculous than a $50,000 doodle from Gary Vee?
Maybe spending a million bucks on an image of a bored ape doesn't seem worth it to you, but can we interest you in someone's soul?
Hague art academy student Stijn van Schaik, 21, listed his soul as a digital work of art, and it is available for purchase on OpenSea. "Hello person, welcome to my profile," he writes on the listing. "I am selling my soul on here. Feel free to ask me anything about me or my soul while I still own it."
- Publicly claiming to be the owner of the Soul in question.
- Transferring of said Soul, in whole or part, to any person or entity, for any reason.
- Sacrificing or offering said Soul, in whole or in part, to any deity or spiritual entity.
- Spending or using the soul, in whole or in part, for some purpose which causes it to diminish in value, quantity, or substance or be subsumed into a larger whole.
- Transferring the burden, credit, or responsibility of any actions reflected in the State of a Soul from another Soul to this Soul or from this Soul to another Soul.
Seems like a pretty good deal, but buyers beware. The contract explicitly states, "In the event that Stinus' 'Soul' does not exist as an independent entity outside of the whole "one-ness" of reality as commonly described in some belief systems, and in the event that this belief about the nature of reality reflects actual reality, this contract will remain in effect for whatever period of time or non-time and to whatever degree that Stinus' immaterial essence is distinguishable in any form, manner, or state of being from the sum whole of immaterial or material existence."
As explained by Crypto Insiders, the soul is mined on Polygon, a protocol that can communicate with the Ethereum blockchain.
The current price is .11 ETH, or $377.91. Who is ready to make an offer?
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
Formerly Enslaved Black Man Nearest Green Taught Jack Daniel Everything He Knew About Whiskey. Today, the Founder of Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey Celebrates His Legacy.
Leadership Lessons From the Exclusive Creativity School That 'Packs 5 Years Learning Into 5 Days'
3 Expert-Backed Strategies for Staying Calm in Times of Confrontation
The CEO of Wayfair Has Helped Revolutionize Digital Shopping for 20 Years. Here's How He Handles Rocky Economic Conditions.
This Founder Went to Prison When He Was 15 Years Old. That's Where He Came Up With the Idea for a Company Now Backed By John Legend.
3 Signs You're Letting Pride Get in the Way of Being Successful
Chip and Joanna Gaines and Shonda Rhimes Found Incredible Success By Using This One Entrepreneurial Strategy. Here's How You Can Too.