Signing out of account, Standby...
- 2022 Franchise 500 Rank
N/R Not ranked last year
- Initial investment
$69K - $135K
- Units as of 2021
60 22.4% over 3 years
About Wow 1 Day Painting
More from Wow 1 Day Painting
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING ISN’T YOUR AVERAGE PAINTING COMPANY
When you think of the painting industry, we’re willing to bet you can’t think of a household name. WOW 1 DAY PAINTING is changing that. We're building a brand in a massive industry—with a differentiated competitive advantage. In fact, we’re revolutionizing the way homes are painted, minimizing the disruption to homeowners by painting homes in just one day! It's a unique combination of speed, quality, and exceptional customer experience. The majority of our franchise partners have no experience in the painting sector—and they don’t need to. With the proven systems that made 1-800-GOT-JUNK? a multi-million-dollar brand, you’ll leverage your leadership and business skills to build a great team, WOW your customers… and create a legacy.
Imagine leaving for work in the morning and when you return, your home has been completely transformed. We make it easy, from start to finish, and we remove the disruption that is common in the painting industry. That's why our customers love us, and why we continue to see explosive growth in markets across North America.
Our story started in 1989, building 1-800-GOT-JUNK? into the world’s largest junk removal company... and we didn’t stop there. We scaled up and launched WOW 1 DAY PAINTING to continue disrupting the $100B+ home services industry with a model that works.
The majority of our franchise partners have no experience in the painting industry. What they do have are the same core qualities: They love to lead, they have a hunger to succeed, they’re not afraid of working hard, and they value exceptional customer service... and we’re looking for more awesome people just like them.
HOW IS WOW 1 DAY PAINTING DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PAINTING FRANCHISES?
- We do it in a day! WOW 1 DAY PAINTING has revolutionized the industry by creating a new category that sets us apart from the competition. How? We complete projects in just one day, with a unique combination of speed, quality, and exceptional customer experience.
- Focus on residential interior. This is where our one-day model is most desired, because it minimizes the disruption to our customers' lives. Interior painting also reduces seasonality in four season markets, so our franchise partners are busy year-round.
- We do the work! We don't rely on subcontractors to complete our jobs. We hire our own employees to ensure quality control, and to build brand pride and accountability within our crews.
- Back-office support: in-house call center, online booking engine, and sophisticated lead generation. Our teams and systems allow customers to book 24/7.
- 30+ years’ experience: WOW 1 DAY PAINTING was created by the same people behind 1-800-GOT-JUNK? —now a $400-million-dollar system.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- We call them our “4Hs”: Happy, Hands-on, Hardworking, Hungry. We’re looking for driven individuals with strong leadership skills and management experience. Someone who loves working with people.
- Individuals with strong leadership skills and management experience. Someone who loves to lead and wants to learn and grow a business from the ground up. This is not a semi-absentee model.
THE BENEFITS OF OWNING A FRANCHISE
Owning a franchise with us is like getting a business in a box, with a proven recipe. Starting a business can be difficult. That's why we provide you with trusted guidelines and processes used to reach proven results.
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING offers:
- Fast ramp-up time: Your business can be operational within a couple of months.
- Low overhead and inventory: You can base your business from home and leverage a mobile team of painters to keep costs low.
- Culture of founders. A peer-to-peer support system, in the form of our network of franchise partners.
- Existing customers. We have over 30 years of experience identifying and marketing to customers in the home services space, and we leverage that to help you grow your business.
- Multiple revenue streams. In addition to exterior and interior house painting we offer a wide range of services—from popcorn ceiling and wallpaper removal, to fence and deck painting—so that you can maximize profit and growth.
- Franchising Since
- 2010 (12 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is seeking new franchisees throughout the US.
This company is seeking new franchisees in the following international regions: Canada
- # of Units
- 60 (as of 2021)
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a Wow 1 Day Painting franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
- $32,000 - $56,000
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $68,500 - $135,200
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Net Worth Requirement
- $50,000 - $150,000
Definition: The minimum net worth you must have in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company
What you need to know: Net worth is the value of a person's assets minus liabilities. Assets include cash, stocks, retirement accounts, and real estate. Liabilities include items like mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.
- Cash Requirement
- $50,000 - $100,000
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Veteran Incentives
- 15% off franchise fee
Definition: A discount or other incentive offered to military veterans who buy a franchise with this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 5 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Some franchisors offer in-house financing, while others have relationships with third-party financing sources to which they refer qualified franchisees.
- In-House Financing
- Wow 1 Day Painting offers in-house financing to cover the following: franchise fee
- Third Party Financing
- Wow 1 Day Painting has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: startup costs, equipment
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- On-The-Job Training
- 95 hours
- Classroom Training
- 30 hours
- Additional Training
- Additional training as needed
- Ongoing Support
Purchasing Co-opsNewsletterMeetings & ConventionsToll-Free LineGrand OpeningOnline SupportSecurity & Safety ProceduresField OperationsProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Co-op AdvertisingAd TemplatesNational MediaRegional AdvertisingSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail MarketingLoyalty Program/App
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- # of employees required to run
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
Pet-related franchising continues to expand and thrive.
Meet the Women Behind Some of McDonald's Most Iconic (And Essential) Ingredients—And How They're Setting New Standards
The manufacturers of McDonald's essential ingredients know how to deliver quality and inspire change.
Looking for advice and insights? Give these franchising podcasts a listen.
These business models are designed for franchisees to come to the rescue
Thinking big is a catalyst for better decisions and outcomes. Here's why.
Franchising is successful, because it allows people to focus on what their strengths are or could be, which is building and growing their local business.