Six Signs You Need a Break From the Startup Grind
You're working hard, trying to make your idea the next big thing. But if any of these scenarios sound familiar, you might need to temporarily climb out of the startup trenches.
- You forced your mother to sign a nondisclosure agreement before your weekly Sunday afternoon phone call.
- The precariously balanced collection of empty Red Bull cans in your office would cause grave injury if they fell on top of you.
- The genius marketing idea you fervently scribbled in the middle of the night reads: "Key to success = monkeys."
- The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy is shorter than your business plan.
- One of your Pinterest boards is "Venture Capitalists I Love."
- When people mention the new iPad, The Hunger Games or Tebowing, you have no clue what they're talking about.
Build your business, but don't forget to take some time for yourself. And have a great summer.
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
This Founder Quit His 'Prison'-Like Teaching Job Within 2 Months. Now, He and His Sister Are Helping Other Teachers Leave the Classroom and Achieve Financial Freedom.
If You Focus on Problems, You'll Only Find More Problems. Here's How to Focus on Solutions.
Facing More Than 15 Years in Prison, This Founder Transformed His Hustle Into a Powerful Personal Brand and Business. Now, He's Giving Back in a Big Way.
Apple Asks This Jarring Interview Question as a Secret Way to Evaluate a Candidate