10 Body Language Tips Every Speaker Must Know (Infographic)
Grow Your Business, Not Your Inbox
We all know that when we give a presentation or speak in front of a group, not only are our words important, but the body language that accompanies them.
Your words may give the audience one message while your body sends quite another.
As if getting the words out wasn't hard enough, right?
An infographic from SOAP Presentations lists 10 body language tips to employ during your next presentation. These tips range from how to get the audience to like you, to how to make sure the audience remembers your key points.
1. To get the audience to like you, make eye contact. People tend to pay more attention to and like those who look them in the eye.
2. To boost your confidence, open your chest and arms, and keep your back straight.
3. To demonstrate authority, be calm and use small, stiff gestures.
4. To draw the audience's attention to something, point directly at it and look at it yourself. The audience will follow your lead.
5. To convince the audience of something, use positive gestures — smiling, nodding, open movements, etc. — throughout the presentation.
Check out the full graphic for more: