How to survive the change?
An entrepreneur shares what you should look for in your employees and implement in your company to innovate and stay in the market.
The world changes rapidly. In recent years we have witnessed more inventions and transformations than previously generated in spaces of decades and even centuries. It is enough to look around us and observe the way we communicate and work to realize that it has little to do with how we did at the beginning of this millennium.
This rapid and exponential evolution is exciting; however, it constitutes a complex challenge for entrepreneurs, SMEs and large corporations. Technology changes and the way of doing business also, so why not you? Pedro Moeno, creator of Oppino , a global innovation consultancy, shares the five keys that a company must incorporate into its model in order not only to survive changes in the market, but to stay ahead of them:
1. Curiosity. This quality that distinguishes human beings is the basis of an innovative company. Curiosity is also the origin of creativity; And for a business to survive and adapt to change, it must generate ideas and creative solutions to problems.
- To know more: 4 tips to increase your confidence in yourself
Make curiosity a healthy habit in your company: encourage your team to share their ideas and find new ways of doing things. Remember that innovation is not only in products, but can also be in processes, marketing, way of working, and so on.
2. Skill. Many scientists agree that one of the characteristics that differentiated man from his simian relatives was the opposable thumb; This "small" change in evolution is what allows us to handle the tools and become engineers. As with so many things in life (like manipulating objects and operating machines), skill is necessary to create ideas, produce products, and succeed in the marketplace.
For this reason, it is essential that your company has two basic components: talent and training . Try to recruit people with talent, skills and passion, but make sure they learn every day and become experts in their area (nothing better than developing their own talent). One of the greatest values that companies that have lived for many years have is that they have trained and knowledgeable people who know how to adapt to changes.
3. Communication. It is key for an organization to have communication efficient towards all its audiences, both internal and external. Communication allows finding new ideas, solving problems, avoiding conflicts and speeding up processes.
For your company to work like a well-oiled machine, you must try to have the right communication channels. It promotes versatility (that employees experiment in different areas) and healthy coexistence. Create an “open door” policy and allow everyone to express themselves freely.
The world changes rapidly / Image: Depositphotos.com
4. Courage. "Nothing ventured nothing gained"…. This old adage is the one that best explains the importance of innovation and taking risks in a company. You cannot "play it safe" or get stuck where you are; To survive in the dynamic market you must take risks and dare to challenge the status quo (clearly, doing a risk analysis and taking steps to reduce the possible negative effects).
At this point, Moneo affirms that it is essential to motivate entrepreneurship within the same organization. These workers / entrepreneurs are called “intrapreneurs” and they are the best tool to revolutionize your company and take it to the next level.
5. Ethics. This factor, which is often forgotten in the business world, is essential for a company to survive in the long term. Carefully define what the values and mission of the company are and communicate them to everyone who works with you. A successful company must act for the well-being of its customers, its employees, its partners and shareholders, its community, and the environment. Only in this way does it achieve permanence in time.
- Find out more: 4 thoughts rich people have about themselves
Moneo explains that these five characteristics are what you should keep in mind when recruiting your employees. From job interviews make sure the candidate complies with them; consider that if you do not have people who know how to adapt to change, your company probably does not have what it takes to survive and will end up disappearing.