MarketBeat Podcast: 2 Stocks to Buy, 1 Stock to Sell
in this episode, MarketBeat contributor Chris Markoch returns. He and Kate discuss three stocks Chris has been evaluating in light of the escalating Russia-Ukraine crisis.
In this episode, MarketBeat contributor Chris Markoch returns. He and Kate discuss three stocks Chris has been evaluating in light of the escalating Russia-Ukraine crisis. Chris discusses two stocks to buy, and one to sell.
Points discussed in this episode:
-Markets hate uncertainty: This is a time when investors need to be very careful; things can change quickly. Volatility is likely to be around for some time
-You have to invest for how things are; not how you might want them to be. Some sectors will perform well. You owe it to yourself to invest where the growth is
Stocks to Buy:
Energy Sector: Chevron (NYSE: CVX)
- Stock is up approximately 14% since the invasion (2/24)
- Record free cash flow in 2021
- "significant" debt pay down
- Higher dividends for 34 consecutive years
- Continued plans for share buybacks
Cybersecurity Sector: Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW)
- Up approximately 15% since the invasion (2/24)
- Top cybersecurity pick by Morgan Stanley – believes PANW stock will outperform sector
- Beat on top and bottom lines in February 21 – days before the invasion
- Significant analyst price target increases
Stock to Sell: John Deere (NYSE: DE)
- Love the long-term story but short-term outlook looks challenging
- Deere's presence in Russia spans 130 years
- In 2018, they announced plans to expand Russian operations
- In September 2021, agribusiness was rated one of the most promising sectors of Ukraine's economy
- Both countries are important fertilizer producers
Let's all become smarter investors together. Subscribe to the MarketBeat Podcast today.
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
Tory Burch Built a Brand Around Empowering Women. Now Her Foundation Is Furthering Her Mission: 'How Do We as a Company Have a Positive Impact on Humanity?'
This Founder Had to Play College Basketball in Men's Shorts and Shoes, So She Launched an Athletic Clothing Company Named After the Now 50-Year-Old Title IX Act
Is Beyoncé's 'Break My Soul' the Theme Song of the Great Resignation?
You're Probably Falling for All of Amazon Prime Day's Psychological Sales Tactics. A Marketing Professor Reveals Them — and How You Can Actually Get the Best Deal.
Comedian Paul Virzi: 'If You're Not Authentic, You Have Nothing'
Struggling to Come Up With Creative Ideas? Try Doing This.
Picking a Winning Emerging Brand Is How You Get Rich in Franchising. Here's How to Spot One.