The Right Stuff Web design experts reveal their top 10 trademarks of stellar sites.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
1. Descriptive tag lines: "Right from the home page, some companies don't do a good job of communicating what their companies do," says Hoa Loranger, a user experience specialist at the Nielsen Norman Group in Fremont, California. "If your business name isn't descriptive, you need a descriptive tag line."
2. Excellent content: Vincent Flanders, whose WebPagesThatSuck.com shines a light on bad website design, says, "You can get anyone to visit your website once, but why would anybody come back a second, third or fourth time? Content. Great content solves problems."
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
Join the internet’s leading entrepreneur community! With your subscription you’ll get:
- Access to all of our premium content and an ad-free experience
- A complimentary subscription to Entrepreneur Magazine
- Four free e-books a year and 20% off everything from our bookstore
- Exclusive events with business celebrities and successful entrepreneurs