- 2021 Franchise 500 Rank
#495 Ranked #491 last year
- Initial investment
$33K - $52K
- Units as of 2020
382 0.5% over 3 years
About Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services
More from Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services
Club Z! is the nation’s premier in-home and online tutoring franchise. For nearly 25 years, Club Z! has had the privilege of providing high quality educational programs to students in all grade levels, from pre-K through adult. Club Z! franchise owners manage a staff of tutors that provide one on one instruction for students and business professionals in the comfort and convenience of the student’s home at an extremely competitive rate. If you have a desire to start a business of your own, follow a proven business plan, and want to team up with industry leaders, then Club Z! could be for you..
The Club Z! franchise model offers tremendous potential for growth, protected franchise territories, and low overhead because it’s a home-based business model. There are multiple revenue streams, including both in-home and online tutoring and test prep options. The private tutoring market continues to boom, even in a soft economy. The global private tutoring market is projected to surpass $133 BILLION by the end of 2019. The K-12 online tutoring segment of the market alone is expected to DOUBLE in the next 5 years! There are very few industries with that type of projected annual growth.
The main reason for this growth is a shift in the overall service market, where companies are expected to make things more convenient for customers (think: Amazon vs going to the mall). Club Z! has managed to do just that by investing over $500,000 in developing a proprietary online tutoring platform and lead generator for our franchisees. In-home tutoring continues to be our primary focus, but with both in-home and online tutoring programs available, in all subjects and for all grade levels, our franchise owners can capture more market share than ever. The combination of in-home and online make our franchise opportunity impossible to ignore!
3 Growing Profit Centers
- K-12th 1 to 1 tutoring. Our tutoring is conducted in the home of the student or another mutually agreed location. Club Z!’s program is extremely effective; our average student improves two letter grades in just 60 days.
- Test Prep. We offer proprietary programs for the PSAT, SAT, ACT and Study Skills. Our average student improves 200 points on the SAT and 4-5 points on the ACT. Club Z! also offers test prep programs for the SSAT, ISEE, GMAT, GRE, LSAT and MCAT, as well as on-site “Boot Camp” programs for test prep.
- Online Tutoring. Club Z! franchise owners can offer online test prep, subject tutoring and our ON-Demand homework help program. The best part is that Club Z! Corporate does all of the work! From staffing and managing the online tutors, to billing the online customers and handling all customer service for online tutoring, the Club Z! Corporate office does all of the work and Club Z! franchisees earn 50% of the profit (no royalties on online tutoring!)
We have designed the Club Z! franchise to be among the most reasonable in the tutoring industry. Our franchise packages currently start at $19,750. An additional $10,000-$12,000 is needed for start-up expenses and advertising. Some highlights of your investment are:
- Home Based/Low Overhead - No storefront needed. Work out of your home! By eliminating the high overhead associated with a storefront or center, Club Z! owners can focus their resources on advertising, marketing and management.
- We Help Furnish the Qualified Tutors - We assist franchisees in recruiting and onboarding their initial tutoring staff, all with certifications and/or degrees with 2 plus years of proven tutoring experience.
- All Subjects/ Grade levels - Your tutors will be qualified to provide tutoring in all subjects and grade levels, from pre-K through adult. Club Z! also has proprietary curriculum such as SAT, ACT and Study Skills programs so that franchises can offer top quality programs to its students and schools.
- National Advertising/ Marketing Support – Club Z! spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on National advertising programs each year for our franchisees. Our company has built a tremendous presence on the Internet so that franchisees can hit the ground running when they launch their business. In addition our principals have a combined 70+ years of marketing experience. Our exclusive Club Z! Marketing Plan has been developed and time-tested over the last 25 years. This plan has been proven to be successful in hundreds of markets throughout the United States and Canada. Franchise owners also receive access to our Advertising Department that creates and prepares all of your marketing materials.
- Our Call Center, Your Competitive Advantage - Our call center answers all incoming calls for our franchise owners during business hours. Highly trained educational consultants speak with your potential clients about their tutoring and test prep needs and schedule your enrollment meetings using a web-based calendar. Our staff also manages the online chats for each franchise owner’s web site, and makes outbound calls to online leads on behalf of franchisees. Franchisees can focus their time and energy on growing the business, without having to worry about missing any opportunities!
- Unparalleled Ongoing Support - You will have unlimited access to our staff during business hours and 24/7 access to our Club Z! Intranet; including databases, documents, conferences, conference calls, real-time forums and many other tools to assist with the growth of your franchise.
Club Z provides intensive training at our corporate location in Tampa, Florida. For your convenience, on-line training (with an instructor) is also available for franchises that wish to begin operations within a quicker time-frame or need more time to complete our training program. Franchise Owners that elect to receive online training are also welcome to participate in our In-Person training program in Tampa at a future time.
"The training and support I received from corporate were second to none. Your 3 step training program gave me all the confidence in the world that I was ready to succeed in this business. Your call center is amazing and always makes me look so professional. I couldn't have done it with you, Thanks Jennifer Fahey-Chicago, IL
"As a Former Business broker I looked for an opportunity with low overhead and high profitability. The support and guidance is everything I expected and more. If you follow the steps and take advantage of their expertise along the way, you will be successful." Dennis Mullen- Boston, MA
“I’m a retired veteran from the U.S. Marine Corps, and I’ve been an Area Director in Jacksonville FL, and surrounding areas for almost two years. Working with Club Z! corporate staff has helped a guy like me with no business experience produce some profit within just a few months of starting. The Area Director Support Department, Art Department, Recruiting, and the Marketing Department, have been an absolute pleasure to work with. Another great thing about Club Z! is that it comes equipped with a business model to follow and a phenomenal Club Z! website to manage your customers and tutors information.” Jonathan Boyd – Jacksonville, FL
- Franchising Since
- 1998 (23 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is seeking new franchisees throughout the US.
This company is seeking new franchisees worldwide.
- # of Units
- 382 (as of 2020)
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
- $19,750 - $34,750
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $33,475 - $52,425
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Net Worth Requirement
Definition: The minimum net worth you must have in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company
What you need to know: Net worth is the value of a person's assets minus liabilities. Assets include cash, stocks, retirement accounts, and real estate. Liabilities include items like mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.
- Cash Requirement
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Veteran Incentives
- 10% off franchise fee
Definition: A discount or other incentive offered to military veterans who buy a franchise with this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 7 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Some franchisors offer in-house financing, while others have relationships with third-party financing sources to which they refer qualified franchisees.
- Third Party Financing
- Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- Classroom Training
- 28 hours
- Ongoing Support
NewsletterMeetings & ConventionsToll-Free LineGrand OpeningOnline SupportSecurity & Safety ProceduresField OperationsProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Co-op AdvertisingAd TemplatesNational MediaRegional AdvertisingSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail Marketing
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- # of employees required to run
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Franchise 500 Ranking History
Compare where Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services landed on this year’s Franchise 500 Ranking versus previous years.
Curious to know where Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services ranked on other franchise lists? Find out below.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
What a Teenage TikTok Star and Burger King's Controversial Tweet Could Teach You About Marketing
The successes and failures of five major franchises offer lessons in effective (and ineffective) PR.
The SBA Just Opened Its $28.6 Billion Restaurant Fund. Here's What Small Businesses and Franchises Should Know Before Applying.
The application opened at noon and is available until funding runs out.
National Bubble Tea Day Celebrants May Want to Pause Festivities Due to Shortage
The past year has led to supply chain issues for boba and other restaurant staples.
Subway will implement these changes to avoid more closures: 135 branches have lowered the curtain in Mexico and another 40 are at risk
The pandemic has caused the definitive closure of 15% of Subway Mexico branches in the last year, so the company is preparing a renewal of its menu and other changes to stay afloat.
KFC's New Chicken Sandwich Is Giving Popeyes a Run for Its Money — and the Numbers Prove It
For the past two years, KFC and Popeyes have gone head-to-head in the chicken sandwich war.
Is the UK the World's Top Destination for Franchise Brands?
With an unregulated franchising economy, world-leading vaccination rates, Brexit and government-backed unsecured loans for franchise buyers, the UK is attracting franchisors from around the globe.