A poker pro's tips on playing your cards right in business
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Former real estate developer Barry Shulman, 59, took a gamble bycoming out of retirement to purchase Card Playermagazine--and it paid off big. Now a championship poker player aswell as publisher and owner of Card Player, CardPlayerPressand CardPlayer.com, Shulman offers his inside tips forimproving your poker game and, consequently, your entrepreneurialgame:
1. Read looks and gestures. Are players leaning forward?Are they acting quickly? Poker helps you read nonverbalcues--crucial when you're deciding whether to press for thatextra percent.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve