No need to panic--we've got tips to help you cut your car insurance costs.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Is your company's vehicle insurance too high? The InsuranceInformation Institute reports rates are declining in some states,but medical costs are rising. Meanwhile, a recent National HighwayTransportation Safety Administration survey reveals many driversaren't aware that their coverage is insufficient until after anaccident. Here's how you can reduce insurance costs:
- Check your state's department of insurance for minimuminsurance requirements. Check out www.ican2000.com/state.html for basic rate comparisonsurveys.
- With your employees' written permission, ask yourlocal Department of Motor Vehicles for driving records if youinsure drivers. Poor driving records mean higher insurancecosts.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve