The 6 Skills Every Successful Entrepreneur Needs
If you could interview 200 of the top entrepreneurs in the country, do you think you'd find some similarities?
Amy Wilkinson guessed that she would.
And she did.
Over 5 years of research later, she just came out with a new book that examines the top 6 traits that very successful entrepreneurs share.
So of course I had to have her come talk on The School of Greatness.
In our conversation, we discuss these top traits and Amy gives awesome (real life) examples to illustrate each one.
I used our conversation as a checklist to see what I was doing right AND what I can improve on.
I invite you to do the same in Episode 173.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The little-known secret behind UnderArmor's amazing fabric
- 6 Essential Skills for Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
1. Find the Gap – what is missing in your space?
2. Drive for Daylight – look for the light on the horizon (not your competitors)
3. Fly the OODA Loop – (Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act) out-maneuveur your competition faster than they can react
4. Fail wisely – fail incrementally, not catastrophically
5. Network minds – bring diverse brain power to you
6. Gifting small goods – forward a resume, critique a proposal, etc. that helps someone else out
- The big reasons why entrepreneurs fail: money and teams
- Plus much more…
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
This Founder Quit His 'Prison'-Like Teaching Job Within 2 Months. Now, He and His Sister Are Helping Other Teachers Leave the Classroom and Achieve Financial Freedom.
If You Focus on Problems, You'll Only Find More Problems. Here's How to Focus on Solutions.
Facing More Than 15 Years in Prison, This Founder Transformed His Hustle Into a Powerful Personal Brand and Business. Now, He's Giving Back in a Big Way.
Apple Asks This Jarring Interview Question as a Secret Way to Evaluate a Candidate