Free Webinar: Get Your Business Into Recovery Mode Now
Join author Mark W. Johnson as he explores adjacent businesses and capabilities needed to meet the new normal of your business when we get to the other side.
The business environment that you land in when the pandemic comes to an end may be very different from what it was before the crisis began. Of course nobody has a crystal ball, but while you can't predict what's coming with perfect certainty, you can develop much more clarity than you might expect about how you can better serve your customers in that different environment, create a strategy to do so, and set it into motion. Getting from here to there is likely to be a rough journey, involving a lot of painful mistakes and some inevitable course corrections. But if you manage from the present forward while leading from the future back you can emerge from the crisis with a company that is stronger and more resilient than it was before.
During this session, Mark W. Johnson, author of Lead From The Future will explore how to:
- Make time for visionary thinking, even during a crisis
- Set a new time horizon; six, twelve, or eighteen months out to discuss how this crisis might affect your organization
- Walk each vision back to the present, by deciding on a set of long-term, mid-term, and immediate steps that your organization can begin to implement today
- Rally your team around your vision by developing an inspiring, purposeful and hopeful narrative
- Decide what your core business will look like by answering: What will we keep doing? What should we stop doing? What should we start doing?
- Explore adjacent businesses and capabilities needed to meet the new normal of your business when we get to the other side
- Form two teams; a transformational leadership group and an innovation team to help move the plan along and develop the needed initiatives
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
How an Encounter With the 'Armpit of Destiny' Helped the Founder of Grubhub Take His Business From His Apartment to a $2 Billion IPO
You Can Train Your Brain to React to Stressful Situations Better. Here's the 3-Step Process.
A Disastrous Valentine's Day Inspired This Founder to Launch Her Own Floral Brand. It Became a Celebrity Magnet With Retail Revenue Up 450% Since 2019.
What Is Your Dream Job? Ask Yourself These 4 Questions to Find Out.
This Is the Crazy Process This Juice Franchise Went Through to Get USDA-Certified Organic. But It Sure Has Paid Off.
No One Would Rent Me a Café in Trendy NYC Neighborhoods, So I Tried Something Risky. Now I Have 3 Coffee Shops.