12 Tech Must-Haves
All the essentials for about $2,000 (cool chair included).
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Welcome to the golden age of small business technology. If the grueling Great Recession has a silver lining, it's this: Tech vendors are innovating and discounting. From furnishings to computers to mobile devices, consumer electronics have never offered the start-up enterprise more for less. What it used to cost for a computer, printer and some software will now get the savvy entrepreneur an entire office. So if you're ready to start that business, you owe it to yourself to check out these 12 essentials, all for about two grand.
1. Humanscale Diffrient World Mesh Back Task Chair (starting at $600)
New York-based Humanscale, a high-end maker of office products, has worked hard to bring some of its best chairs within reach of small budgets. For our money--and yours, considering how much time you will spend in that command position-- the Diffrient World line (named for designer Nils Diffrient) is the right balance of ergonomics, good looks and value. At this price, it's a bargain. And your back will thank us.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve