We Asked 6 Entrepreneurs: 'What Expenses Have You Realized Your Company Is Better Off Without?' Do you really need that upgraded Zoom subscription?
1. Build business before buzz.
"It's enticing to spend on sexy things like PR and events. But while awareness is great — and needed — you want to make sure you have the distribution set up to fully take advantage of the awareness. Early on, we spent on those things to build buzz, but we didn't have enough retail distribution to support it. We jumped the gun a bit when we should have waited to make sure our full ecosystem was in place." — Jennifer Ross, cofounder, Swoon
Memorial Day Sale - Save 20%! Unlock this premium article & so much more with Entrepreneur+
Join the internet’s leading entrepreneur community with our Memorial Day sale! With your subscription, you'll get:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve
Use code SAVE20 at checkout.