Complete our short franchise quiz to discover the franchise that’s right for you.
8 min read
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Buying a franchise doesn’t have to break the bank. If you’re looking to start a business on a budget, check out this list of the top franchises that can be started for less than $100,000, ranked based on the scores they received in the 2020 Franchise 500.
This list is not intended as a recommendation of any particular company. To find the right opportunity for you, regardless of cost, it’s important that you do your due diligence. Carefully read the company’s franchise disclosure document, consult with a franchise attorney and an accountant, and talk to existing and former franchisees about their experiences.
For more budget-friendly franchises, check out our other lists here.
9. ServiceMaster Clean/ServiceMaster RestoreCommercial/residential cleaning, disaster restoration Startup cost: $93.7K - $294.4K Total franchises/co.-owned: 4,919/10Note: ServiceMaster's commercial/residential cleaning business models can be started for less than $100,000, but its disaster restoration model cannot.
10. Weed ManLawn care Startup cost: $69.8K - $86.9K Total franchises/co.-owned: 303/41
38. Mosquito HuntersMosquito, tick, and flea control Startup cost: $70.1K - $85.9K Total franchises/co.-owned: 53/10
39. Color Glo InternationalLeather, vinyl, fabric, carpet, and surface repair and restoration Startup cost: $56.3K - $61.4K Total franchises/co.-owned: 139/0
40. U.S. LawnsCommercial grounds care Startup cost: $39.8K - $81.3K Total franchises/co.-owned: 260/0Note: The low end of U.S. Lawns' investment range applies only to the conversion of an existing business. Franchisees starting a new business will invest more than $50,000.
41. Conserva IrrigationIrrigation repair, maintenance, and efficiency upgrades Startup cost: $29K - $87.3K Total franchises/co.-owned: 81/4Note: The low end of Conserva Irrigation's investment range applies only to the conversion of an existing business. Franchisees starting a new business will invest more than $50,000.
42. Kitchen Tune-UpResidential and commercial kitchen and bath remodeling Startup cost: $94.97K - $129.1K Total franchises/co.-owned: 198/0
43. BrightStar CareMedical/nonmedical home care, medical staffing Startup cost: $93K - $154.3K Total franchises/co.-owned: 322/12
56. Merle Norman Cosmetics Cosmetics and skin-care products Startup cost: $39.5K - $180.9K Total franchises/co.-owned: 1,115/2Note: The low end of Merle Norman Cosmetic's investment range applies only to opening a studio within an existing business. Franchisees starting a new stand-alone studio will invest more than $50,000.
57. Furniture MedicFurniture and wood restoration, repair, and refinishing Startup cost: $80.8K - $90.1K Total franchises/co.-owned: 338/0
58. JEI Learning CenterIndividualized supplemental education Startup cost: $69.5K - $115K Total franchises/co.-owned: 269/276
59. Pet WantsNatural pet-food stores/delivery Startup cost: $59.8K - $202K Total franchises/co.-owned: 124/0
75. Caring TransitionsSenior relocation, online auctions, and estate management Startup cost: $58.9K - $82.7K Total franchises/co.-owned: 223/0
76. Precision Door ServiceResidential garage door repair, installation, and service Startup cost: $67.4K - $306.96K Total franchises/co.-owned: 96/0
77. Padgett Business ServicesFinancial, payroll, consulting, and tax services Startup cost: $20.2K - $99.98K Total franchises/co.-owned: 331/0Note: The low end of Padgett Business Services' investment range applies only to the conversion of an existing business. Franchisees starting a new business will invest more than $50,000.