Signing out of account, Standby...
- 2023 Franchise 500 Rank
#407 Not ranked last year
- Initial investment
$155K - $280K
- Units as of 2022
155 64.9% over 3 years
About Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming
More from Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming
Woof Gang is the leading pet grooming and retail franchise concept in North America
With more than 200 locations open or under development, Woof Gang offers best in class grooming, and a unique retail experience; our gourmet treats are made with love, and we offer just the best quality pet products. Each location is a committed to the happiness, well-being, and health of pets. And also, how they look!
OWNING A WOOF GANG IS A TREAT!
Average store sales are 3x higher than the investment. That makes Woof Gang among the very best economics in franchising
- $665,000 AVERAGE STORE SALES
- $218,000 AVERAGE INVESTMENT COST
- Our unique Grooming and Pet Retail concept provides dual sources of revenue and a one-stop shop for our guests
- We have a passion for best-in-class grooming, with 1 million dogs groomed per year and average Google rating of 4.5 stars!
- We are the best place for treats, our proprietary products provide a unique competitive advantage in retail without the operational costs of running a bakery
- Multi-Unit and Veteran discounts available!
WOOF GANG HAS A UNIQUE AND EXCITING BRAND
Woof Gang’s brand is instantly recognizable and attractive. With our unique colors and brand components you will be leading the pack out of the gate!
Now is the best time to join the brand you’ll be proud to wear on your shirts for the rest of your life!
JOIN A BOOMING AND RESILIENT INDUSTRY!
A remarkably high and growing demand exists for our products and services offered by Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming, these facts are to howl about:
- In 2021, $123.6 billion was spent within the pet industry in the U.S
- Recession resilient growth (2001-2003: 7% , 2007-2009: 5%, 2020: 5%)
- There are 85 million pet households in the U.S
- 95% of pet owners consider their pet to be part of the family
NO LONE WOLVES IN THIS PACK!
Your success is our goal! That's why Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming has invested in comprehensive training programs that ensure that new franchisees are educated, prepared, understand the process and are ready to run a successful store. In addition, our unique investments in our support teams and technology stack will help you achieve business success by providing you with:
- 40+ Hours dedicated to on-the-job training
- Cutting edge site selection support and access to our real estate broker network and lease negotiations
- Enhanced digital presence through our search optimized site, and access to our preferred local digital marketing consultants
- Proprietary Grooming processes for a streamlined and personalized experience for our customers
- National negotiated discounts on products and equipment for being part of the pack.
- CRM for personalized marketing
- E-commerce capabilities through our branded App.
WHO IS A GOOD FIT?
- A passion for people and pets
- Enjoy a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Possess natural customer service skills
- A willingness to follow training and operational standards
- $250,000 net worth / $75,000 liquidity
- Discounts available for Multi-Unit and Qualified U.S Armed Forces Veterans
- Franchising Since
- 2008 (15 years)
- # of employees at HQ
- Where seeking
This company is offering new franchisees throughout the US.
- # of Units
- 155 (as of 2022)
Information for Franchisees
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in opening a Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming franchise.
Financial Requirements & Ongoing Fees
Here’s what you can expect to spend to start the business and what ongoing fees the franchisor charges throughout the life of the business.
- Initial Franchise Fee
Definition: The initial fee paid to a franchisor to join their system
What you need to know: Found in Item 5 of the FDD, this may be a flat fee, or may vary based on territory size, experience, or other factors.The franchise fee is an up-front (one-time) cost that a new franchisee pays to the franchisor. This fee is usually due at the signing of the franchise agreement and covers the right to use the franchisor's trademarks, name, and related business systems.
- Initial Investment
- $155,300 - $280,400
Definition: The total amount necessary to begin operation of the franchise
What you need to know: The initial investment includes the franchise fee, along with other startup expenses such as real estate, equipment, supplies, business licenses, and working capital. This is outlined in a chart in Item 7 of the FDD, showing a range of possible costs from low to high.
- Net Worth Requirement
Definition: The minimum net worth you must have in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company
What you need to know: Net worth is the value of a person's assets minus liabilities. Assets include cash, stocks, retirement accounts, and real estate. Liabilities include items like mortgages, car payments, and credit card debt.
- Cash Requirement
Definition: The minimum liquid capital you must have available in order to qualify to become a franchisee of this company.
- Veteran Incentives
- 10% off franchise fee
Definition: A discount or other incentive offered to military veterans who buy a franchise with this company.
- Royalty Fee
Definition: A ongoing fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis.
What you need to know: Most franchisors require franchisees to pay an ongoing royalty fee, which is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD. This fee is typically a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales, but may also be a flat weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Ad Royalty Fee
Definition: An going fee paid to the franchisor on a regular basis to support advertising or marketing efforts.
What you need to know: This may also be called advertising fee, marketing fee, brand fund fee, and more, but the basic purpose is the same-- to support promotion of the brand systemwide. As with the royalty fee, it is detailed in Item 6 of the FDD, and can be a percentage of weekly or monthly gross sales or a weekly, monthly, or annual fee.
- Term of Agreement
- 10 years
Definition: The length of time your franchise agreement will last.
What you need to know: Franchise terms are typically anywhere from 5 to 20 years in length, but are sometimes instead dependent on factors such as the term of your lease. Once your term is up, you may have the option to renew your agreement, typically for a smaller fee than the original franchise fee.
- Is franchise term renewable?
Some franchisors offer in-house financing, while others have relationships with third-party financing sources to which they refer qualified franchisees.
- Third Party Financing
- Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, payroll
Training & Support Offered
Franchisors offer initial training programs and a variety of ongoing support options to help franchisees run their businesses.
- On-The-Job Training
- 40+ hours
- Classroom Training
- 10+ hours
- Ongoing Support
NewsletterMeetings & ConventionsGrand OpeningSecurity & Safety ProceduresLease NegotiationField OperationsSite SelectionProprietary SoftwareFranchisee Intranet Platform
- Marketing Support
Ad TemplatesNational MediaRegional AdvertisingSocial MediaSEOWebsite DevelopmentEmail MarketingLoyalty Program/App
Additional details about running this franchise.
- Is absentee ownership allowed?
Definition: Absentee ownership means that the franchisee does not actively work in the franchise business or manage day-to-day operations.
- Can this franchise be run from home/mobile unit?
Definition: The business can be run from your home and/or a vehicle, and it is not necessary to have a retail facility, office space, or warehouse.
- Can this franchise be run part time?
Definition: This business can be run by the owner on a part-time basis (less than 40 hours per week) and/or as a side business; it is not necessary for the business to be open/run full-time.
- Are exclusive territories available?
Definition: An exclusive territory is a fixed area in which you are given the right to operate and in which no other units of the same franchise may be opened.
What you need to know: Territory size may be based on factors such as radius, population size, zip codes, and more. Details can be found in Item 12 of the FDD.
Franchise 500 Ranking History
Compare where Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming landed on this year’s Franchise 500 Ranking versus previous years.
Curious to know where Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming ranked on other franchise lists? Find out below.
Related Franchise Content
Catch up on the latest franchise news, trends, and more.
In a time of complicated supply chains and rising food costs, you need to implement these tips if you want your franchise brand to grow.
McDonald's Tests New Product Packaging in Attempt to Go Green — And Eliminates This Familiar Feature
The chain aims to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 36% between 2015 and 2030.
The spot is located in Downey, California.
How One Woman Turned Pandemic-Induced Boredom and a Makeshift Garage Art Studio Into a Thriving Franchise
Maya Ratcliff was searching for a hobby when she stumbled upon an art form that would ultimately change her life forever.