Build custom search engines with this mini device
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
On the Lookout
Google Mini Search Appliance
- CNET's rating: 7.0 Very good
- The good: Easy to set up; reasonably priced; crawls manycommon file types; highly customizable
- The bad: Awkwardly situated configuration port; priceyupgrade path
- What it's for: Providing a customized search enginetargeting specific files
- Business use: Index up to 100,000 documents for quickdata retrieval.
- The bottom line: An easy-to-use search appliance forsmall to midsize businesses, it's a capable and flexible toolfor building custom search engines.
- Street price: $2,995
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve