Keeping your private communications secure isn't as easy as you might think.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
"What did you know and when did you know it?" Those words are being thrown at businesspeople as often as politicians, and the search for evidence increasingly involves the reconstruction of "deleted" e-mail. OK, so you're not a Mafia don or a billionaire monopolist. But here are scenarios that could turn your hard drive into an evidentiary fishing hole:
- A large competitor tries claiming patent infringement.
- An employee sues your company for tolerating sexual harassment.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve