This Black Female Founder Discusses Her Journey and Some of the Unique Narratives Surrounding Black Entrepreneurship Renae Bluitt grew up around her family's rural funeral home, but today leads a media platform that highlights the stories of other black female founders.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
James McKinney's guest this episode is Renae Bluitt, creator of the She Did That media platform, which focuses on telling the stories of brands and businesses that are founded by black female founders. Together, McKinney and Bluitt discuss her background, expertise and current endeavors.
In this episode, you'll hear:
- How Bluitt started the In Her Shoes blog.
- How black female entrepreneurs have fewer opportunities in business, and in particular, with getting venture capital.
- How black-owned businesses are highly supported by the black community.
- How black women in corporate position are helping younger black women get into those roles.
- The future of the "She Did That" platform.
Listen to the full episode here.