Look 'Em in the Eyes Before doing business with an investor you found while surfing the Net, here's what to look out for.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Surfing the Internet for investors? Watch out for sharks. Sure,the Net can be an efficient tool for finding legitimate investors,but online scams abound. So do your homework. No sensible investorwould risk putting money into any venture before researching thebusiness and its owner, so why not investigate them?Here's what you can-and should-do.
1. Thoroughly check out any Web site or investor before signinganything, accepting any funding or paying any fees. Get verifiableanswers to such questions as:
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
Join the internet’s leading entrepreneur community! With your subscription you’ll get:
- Access to all of our premium content and an ad-free experience
- A complimentary subscription to Entrepreneur Magazine
- Four free e-books a year and 20% off everything from our bookstore
- Exclusive events with business celebrities and successful entrepreneurs